DIY :: EASY CLAY ORNAMENTS
This simple recipe can be enjoyed as an activity with the kids and will give you lovely pure white smooth ornaments or even gift tags to use in christmas!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 2 cups baking soda
• 1 cup cornstarch
• 1 1/4 cup water
• Shaped Cookie cutters
• Stamps & stamping pad
• Ribbons for hanging ornaments
HOW TO DO IT
1 Mix the baking soda and cornstarch in a pot. Add the water and mix. Put on the stove on medium heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly throughout.
2 In a few minutes, the watery mixture will thicken and suddenly become almost like mashed potatoes. Take it off the heat as soon as it does this, and place it onto a cookie sheet in one lump. Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it to cool.
3. Once its cool to work with, divide it into smaller chunks. It will have the smooth consistency of fondant.
4. Slightly dust the surface with cornstarch and roll it out into 1/4 inch.
5. Stamp it with the stamps (with or without ink) and then cut it with the cookie cutter, finishing it off with a hole using the straw to hang the ornaments from.
6. Leave it to dry overnight or bake it in for half an hour over 100 Celsius.
TIP: you can even use tree leaves or doilies as stamps